Thursday 21 April 2011

Kitchen experiments = I will be happy but my boyfriend will have a cake baby

Over the next couple of weeks I hope to have a go at making vegan macrons, choux pastry and a big wedding cake.
I find experimenting with vegan cooking such fun and with these three I will be in my element!
The macrons will be the most difficult as they are basically a meringue with added ground almonds. But they are so delicate and come in such zany colours I can't help myself!

Choux pastry is so exciting to me! I have also been inspired by a croquembouche I saw on TV last week. A croquembouche is a tower of profiteroles which are filled with creme patisserie and topped off with caramelized sugar and almonds.

Also I love making large cakes for people to snaffle and as cakes go wedding ones are pretty great! I will let you know how I get on with my experiments!

I am also having a stall full of vegan cakes and bakes in Manchester at a zine festival on the 14th of May! More details to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment